Sunday, October 10, 2010

I Know What You Did Last Summer

I worked as an extra on the sequel to I Know What You Did Last Summer. The first sequel, that is. On my voucher was the title, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. I absolutely thought it was a joke title, and that the real title wouldn't be revealed until the film was released. I actually thought it was a funny joke title. And when i met Jennifer Love Hewitt on the set, i told her so. I joked with her about it, because of course the entire day i spent coming up with other titles for future sequels, such as I Am Starting To Forget What You Did Last Summer and What Are Your Plans For The Fall?

Sadly, that was the actual title. I didn't know it until the film was released. And then i understood why Jennifer was giving me weird looks. Oh well.

Tonight i revisited the original film. It's not terrible, but it's not all that good either. It has a ridiculous ending. How did he get on the other side of a bathroom mirror? But there are some good things about it, and there are some genuine scares in the film. I actually believed Jennifer's fear in the film. Often when people scream in movies, it seems incredibly fake. Not so in this one.

And the moment where the killer rushes at Sarah Michelle Gellar in the shop is great.

This movie is full of bad remakes of good songs. It starts off with Type O Negative completely butchering Seals & Croft's "Summer Breeze." Then there is a lame remake of the Beatles song "Hey Bulldog" - done by Toad The Wet Sprocket. Then we have to suffer through Kula Shaker covering Deep Purple's "Hush." And finally there is purposefully bad version of "Fame" by Jennifer Bland.

There was a third movie in the series, titled I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer. That is one title that escaped me that day on the set when i was coming up with stupid titles for future films in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment